1. You don’t have to have your life figured out – It always feels as if we have to have our lives figured out, everything goes full speed ahead, but you don’t need to. Whatever age you are and wherever you are in your life right now. … don’t worry if you’ve done things differently. Everyone takes a different path and that’s okay. Just figure out what works for you.
2. It’s okay to not know what you want to do in life – Similar to the above, but it’s totally okay if you haven’t figured that out yet. It’s never too late to change and do something you love. Look at me! Leaving a safe, reliable job to re-train as a Beautician (and Complementary Therapist) and start Sarah Butler Therapies. I had no idea what I wanted to do, yet had faith that ….. it would all work out. And it did! It’s about what makes you happy and it may take time to figure out. There is no right or wrong.
3. Don’t compare yourself – Never compare. We are all guilty of it, but you don’t know someone’s story. You cannot judge one chapter of your life to someone else’s. Everyone has different situations, different goals. There’s always someone in a better and worse situation than you.
4. Rainy days make flowers – It may feel like the end of the world but it’s probably not. Ask yourself if what you’re fretting about will matter in a week’s time or a month’s time? It probably won’t.
5. The world is both bad and good -, I sometimes cannot get my head around the awful things going on in our world. It’s important to spread kindness and love where you can because the world can be horrible. Sprinkle it everywhere. Be kind, you never know what battle someone is facing.
6. You have the power to make someone’s day – Use your power! Whether you smile at someone in the street or tell a stranger you like their coat. How about just contacting an old friend asking how they are? Little things really can make someone’s day.
7. You’re allowed to moan – We get a lot of stick for moaning about trivial things (there are of course, dreadful things going on in the world), but what’s trivial to someone else may mean a lot to you, and it’s totally okay to have a bad day and have a little moan. It’s how you pick yourself up again and put life into perspective that matters. It doesn’t mean you don’t care about bad things going on in the world. We all just have ‘those days’. Get it out of your system and then write down a list of things you do love about your life/are grateful for.
8. You’re doing good – In case no-one told you today, you are wonderful and you’re doing great. Just keep doing you.
9. Don’t beat yourself up – If you were 5 minutes late to work/meeting or didn’t have time to exercise. It’s okay to have a day off and have a day of resting. Me time is so important, Life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
10. It’s okay not to be perfect – Define perfect? What’s perfect to me may be imperfect to you. It’s totally okay ‘not to be perfect’ so don’t even try!
So there we have it. If you needed this today, I hope it helped. Please do share if you think it may help someone else! Comment with any tips you have.
Many thanks for reading.