Aromatherapy Massage Aftercare Advice
Please read the guidance below. Please note, it is recommended that Aromatherapy is used alongside Orthodox Medicine, not to replace it. Aromatherapy treatments can also be given alongside other complementary therapies. Any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.
The following advice should be taken following an aromatherapy treatment:-
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine for at least 24 hours as massage is a detoxifying treatment
- Drink plenty of water to assist in the elimination of toxins from the body
- Eat a light diet to assist the detoxification and healing process
- Get plenty of rest. You may feel tired after treatment
- Gentle exercise – postural exercises can help with muscle tension as well as exercises that will assist with mobility. Yoga is a suitable and gentle option.
- Do breathing exercises to assist with taking in oxygen to your fullest capacity
- Research the possibility of treatment options to assist with stress and other conditions, if necessary.
Occasionally you may experience any of the following reactions up to 24-48 hours after treatment; this is known as a contra-action and is the body’s response to the treatment:-
- Dizziness or nausea
- Disrupted sleeping pattern
- Muscles may feel tired and achy
- Increased urination or passing stools
- Increased thirst
These reactions are normal and show that toxins are being expelled from the body so that it is re-balancing and cleansing itself. If, however, you experience any severe pain or discomfort please seek advice from your GP.